09 July 2006

Blue Jeans

Here's a recent painting. Blue Jeans, 16 x 12", oil on panel. I think this one represents a step forward for me. It's technically my first still life, although not exactly traditional. I posted this to a couple of art fora and got better feedback on this than any other painting I've shown. I think it's because of the strong, simple composition. Right now I'm working on a similar piece: a painting of a window in my studio. I guess it will be the second in the "stuff on my studio wall" series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's stunning. The detail can't be missed. I'm not what you'd call any kind of art expect but I know what I like.

J. Gatsby

David said...

Thanks for being the first person to comment on my blog (about 10 minutes after I first published it). You're quick.